Elevate, Anterior and Apical, is a minimally invasive, comprehensive solution that provides Level I and Level II support to treat anterior and apical defects. Elevate utilizes self-fixating tips that allow for safe, simple and precise mesh placement in the sacrospinous ligament and the obturator internus muscle through a single vaginal incision.
Total transvaginal approach with a single-incision to treat cystoceles and vault prolapse. Slim needle and low profile self-fixating tips are designed to minimize tissue trauma and provide potential for enhanced patient recovery.
Delivery system is designed to provide a safe and simple placement in proven anatomical landmarks with minimal blind needle passes and proven implant pathways. System allows for easy mesh adjustability and incorporates proven fixation technology.
Elevate Anterior Features and Benefits
- Posterior needle with protective sheath and depth limiting feature
- Provides smooth passage and potentially minimizes tissue trauma and neurovascular injury.
- Anatomically designed anterior needle with a 2.3mm diameter is designed to provide safe tip placement
- Minimizes the potential for tissue trauma and is designed to follow proven implant pathway potentially minimizing risk of tissue trauma and bladder perforation.
- Designed to allow tactile feedback
- Simplifies procedure and designed to allow for safe and simple placement in the sacrospinous ligament.
- Low profile self-fixating tips provide strong support until tissue ingrowth can occur
- Strong fixation minimizes potential for mesh migration and low profile tips are designed to provide durable fixation with high tissue retention.
- Fixating arms facilitate easy mesh placement until desired position is achieved
- Facilitates accurate mesh placement designed to achieve prolapse correction and allow for efficient adjustment to individual anatomies.
- Anatomically designed mesh to treat cystoceles and vault prolapse
- Low density mesh provides anatomical conformity and is designed to improve vaginal mobility.
Elevate with IntePro® Lite™
Elevate uses trusted AMS IntePro® Lite™ mesh, the same proven polypropylene mesh used in Elevate® Apical and Posterior, Apogee® and Perigee® prolapse repair systems.
The mesh antomically conforms and is designed to improve vaginal mobility.
Elevate Anterior Results
Elevate Anterior & Apical 12 Mo Follow-Up
Standford EJ, et al; as presented at ICS 2011
Design: Prospective, multi-center study, 142 patients (125 at 12 mo)
Complications: 5.6% UTIs and mesh extrusion (each), 4.2% dyspareunia, 3.5% buttock pain, de novo SUI and urinary retention (each), 2.1% hematoma and granuloma formation (each), All other AE's at <2%
Conclusion: Twelve month data shows that Elevate Anterior & Apical is effective with few complications, low mesh extrusion rates and high patient satisfaction.
For additional Elevate data click here
Elevate Anterior Procedure
Training opportunities are now available. Please contact your AMS sales representative or AMS Physician Training Department at (800) 328-3881 for more information.
AMS offers patient counseling brochures for physicians who perform prolapse procedures using synthetic mesh.
Contact your AMS Sales Representative for ordering information
Risks and Precautions
Summary of Warnings, Precautions and Contraindications
for the Elevate Anterior and Apical Prolapse Repair System
As with any surgical procedure, inherent risks are present. Some of the most severe risks associated with the Elevate procedure include perforation of the urethra, bladder and bowel, erosion of the mesh through neighboring tissue, and infection. If infection or erosion occur, the entire mesh may have to be removed or revised. Prolapse repair may unmask pre-existing incontinence.
For a complete list of indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions, refer to the product Instructions for Use or contact your AMS representative. This document is written for professional medical audiences. Contact AMS for lay publications. AMS periodically updates product literature. If you have questions regarding the currency of this information, please contact AMS.
AMS Healthcare Affairs (HCA) is continuously working with public and private healthcare companies, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), industry advocates, and others to ensure appropriate reimbursement for our products.
Call HCA at (888) 865-3373 to speak with a dedicated reimbursement analyst.